PayPal is one of the most widely used online payment systems in the world with well over 140 million users. It is accepted at thousands of online retailers most notably Ebay who actually took over this pioneering payment provider in 2002. They were founded in 1998, still pretty early days for the internet so there was some serious forward thinking by these guys!
These days they operate in around 200 countries and in no less than 26 currencies. Their service enables its users to make online and mobile payments for goods and services. To use the service you simply need to register for an account, have an active email address and bank account or credit card to link the account to.
By far one of the biggest appeals of using PayPal is that they are free of charge. As a user or purchaser it won’t cost you anything to use, the sellers are however charged to use the service. You can also receive money into your PayPal account including casino withdrawals. You can either use it to make further casino deposits or move the money into your bank account. Despite its huge number of users and online presence it’s still relatively rare in online casinos. This is changing though as more and more casinos are starting to accept PayPal.
- Thanks to their European banking license it’s super secure to use PayPal
- Your banking details won’t be shared with the recipient
- It’s free to use when making deposits
- Deposits happen instantly so the money will be in your account ready to play
- You can access your account 24/7
- You can also use the service to make withdrawals from your casino account
- Using the service is quick and simple
- You’ll need to take a few minutes to open a PayPal account before you can use it, not much of a problem to be honest!
- Not as widely accepted at online casinos as the rest of the internet
How It Works
Most people will be pretty well versed when it comes to making an online purchase using PayPal, but here’s what you need to know when you want to make a casino deposit.
Head to the casino payments page and select PayPal from the list of deposit options. You’ll need to enter the amount you wish to deposit after which you’ll be asked to log in to your PayPal account to confirm your deposit. The money will be transferred immediately so you can start playing your favourite slots and casino games…easy!